Gain control of every part coming in and out of your warehouse
OneSource Scanning App functionality:
- Scan items into stock for incoming Purchase Orders.
- Scan items out of stock for Sales Orders
- Scan items for inventory cycle counts.
- Scan items into stock for Customer Returns*.
- Scan items out the door for Order Dispatching & Deliveries*.
* This feature planned for future version (which will be automatically included in the app when it is available).
How it works.
- For Scanning PO’s (in the door):
- Scan items as they come off the truck. There is no need to hand count and reconcile PO’s with a pencil. osScan will auto compare the items scanned with the related PO. If any items have the incorrect quantity (or are missing) the user will be able to see (and email) the list.
- The moment items are scanned that are put into stock (on the dock). This makes items instantly available for sale (from inside of OneSource or from OneSource ecom/shopping carts).
- Items can then be scanned into any bin location (even if the item does not fit into it’s ‘normal’ bin location).
- For Scanning Sales Orders (out the door):
- osScan will tell users which parts to pick, which bin they are in, and which order to pick them in.
- If the user scans the wrong item the osScan will alert the user (so the wrong parts don’t get delivered to the customer).
- Items can be re-scanned as they are loaded into the delivery truck (to re-verify that the correct parts are being delivered–and not parts are missing).
- Scanned items can be used to create a delivery manifest (so you know which driver drove away with which parts).
- For ‘Cycle Counting’ Inventory (in your warehouse):
- Scan all items in a bin or a row and osScan will connect to OneSource to compare, auto reconcile, and update.
- No need to figure out which parts are which and how many you have.
- No need to hand look up and reconcile each individual part in OneSource.
- For Item Returns (Coming Soon)
- User is given various options to find the part and create (or request authorization to create) a Return Authorization.
- A list of Sales Orders (and customer names will appear).
- Select the Order.
- The user will be given a few questions about if it should go back into stock (or is it damaged)? should a credit be created for the user?
- For Item Deliveries & Dispatching (Coming Soon)
- Scan items out the door (into the delivery vehicle) for quick reconciliation and creation of Dispatching / Delivery Manifest.
- Or, re-dispatch items for re-delivery.
Hardware Scanning Device Requirements.
- Operating System: Android. (Version: Kit Kat or greater)
(Microsoft has made a decision to stop developing and supporting Windows Mobile in the near future).
- Wireless Capabilities / Internet Access: The device MUST have wireless internet access to log into osScan Online.
- Screen Size: Minimum of 2 1/4 inches wide x 3 inches tall.
- Bar Code Reader Type: 1D or 2D (we currently only utilize 1D, but could switch to 2D at some time in the future). Camera scanning not supported. (NOTE: Make sure the scanning software is pre-installed so it scans out of the box).
- Pistol Grip: Not required, but recommended for ease of use and comfort.
- Rugged. Able to be used in a warehouse environment and to be accidentally dropped from time to time without breaking.
- Extra Batteries: Recommended.
- Repair/Support Service: Recommended.
- Where to buy: We recommend Tim Martin at ExtenData.com for great prices and services, and consulting on what scanner(s) to buy, how to setup your warehouse with the proper printers, wireless access points, etc. He can be reached at (800) 641-7110 x322. (Note: ExtenData is familiar with OneSource Software and setup procedures).
What it costs to buy.
- $7,200 to buy–including training and setup (but not including hardware). ($3,600 down, $3,600 after it is up and running).
- $106/mo for hosting, support, and updates.
To learn more about how OsScan help automate your warehouse, please contact us.